Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Arepas



While watching DDD I saw this concoction called an Arepa - a Venezuelan english muffin with a Venezuelan Chicken salad inside, aka reina pepiada. Well it was love at first sight. It looked pretty simple and easy though it was a little more work than I bargained for.( worth it!) On the show they used chicken breast that they had roasted and since I wanted it to be authentic I decided it was time to roast my First chicken! That's right I have never roasted a bird before chicken or turkey. I gotta say I was pretty nervous, turns out I didn't need to be. It was super simple and turned out perfecto! I found out everything I needed to know about cooking the bird from this website. 
I have never cared much for the skin of a bird but oh man me and the kids were fighting over it, and the meat too! 









I cooked the bird ahead of time and then separated the breasts from the bird once it had cooled completely. 
After that I diced both breasts

added generous amounts of mayo, dijon mustard and worchestire sauce, salt and pepper

then diced 3 avacados

then mixed it all together, works best to use your hands


Now it came time for the Arepa- I had no idea how to make one so I searched the web and came across this blog that went through it step by step with someone who KNEW how to make them. Normally I would explain how I made it but her instruction were so good and worked great that I want you to use hers. But please follow the instructions perfectly. 






Now the end of this tale is happy. I made, we ate and EVERYONE loved! Yes I mean it everyone loved these. My husband told me I will need to make them again exactly the same! ( that is big for him since usually he has one or two thing I could change or improve upon the food) 

No comments:

Post a Comment