Puppy Chow (what I grew up calling it) has always been a favorite of mine, and make it often. I really don't know anyone who doesn't like this treat... the only reason I can find, is that it is truly addicting and you may eat the whole bowl in one sitting. It's bad, but so worth it! Here is the recipe with a fun Halloween twist that will be a hit at every party.
9 cups Corn or Rice Chex Cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups candy corn
1 1/2 cups Reese’s Pieces
2 cups pretzels (can be the minis, regular or sticks)
1. Pour Chex Cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan over medium to low heat melt chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter until smooth.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. Pour chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the cereal.
5. Gently stir to coat or even use your hands a bit, so you don't crush the cereal.
6. Place cereal in a large zip lock bag, paper bag, or (i use my large plastic bowl with tight lid) and pour powdered sugar in, seal and shake until evenly coated
7. Add to bowl from ziplock, (or mine is already in the bowl that i used to mix) and mix candy corn, Reese’s Pieces, and pretzels.