Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Salvadoreno Restaurant #1


A couple of years ago my husband brought home this amazing food I had never before heard of or seen, the Pupusa. They are basically masa pancakes filled with meats and cheese. It was topped with fresh avocado slices and came with a side of beans. I learned quickly that it needed to be eaten fast, because fresh is definitely best with these babies. I am a purist when it comes to the pupusa and love a plain cheese, it literally oozes out. It's best to dip it straight into the beans, which is more like a black bean soup, and soak up all that yummy bean flavor. Also I could drink that bean soup, as can my children. I always order a huge pint of it to go. If you plan on visiting this authentic Salvodoran restaurant you might have to bust out your 8th grade spanish  to order!

No comments:

Post a Comment