Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Southern Crawfish Boil

My cousin and her husband just moved here from New Orleans. A couple of years ago we had the chance to visit 'Nalans (that's how I say New Orleans in my best southern accent)  for the wedding and man does that place have some super cool traditions. Crawfish boils are part of the culture and for  Lee's 30th Birthday they had 160lbs of fresh, live crawfish flown in from Louisiana! Julie and Lee taught all of us Az folks how to eat it proper by twisting, pinching and sucking. If it sounds weird it is,
but after my first few times I got the hang of it and polished of my fair share of that 160 lbs!  Making sure it was an authentic Boil they also had potatoes, corn onions and garlic. Which was a perfect pairing alongside the crawfish. I especially liked the soft boiled garlic. If you are lucky enough to get invited to any kind of Seafood Boil you best jump at the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment